How getting out and about can make new mums, and dads, happier!!!!!
With all the latest hype around just how ‘unhappy’ a place the UK is to live, let’s take a little look at just want makes a nation, and its people – that’s you! – happier!
Jeffrey Sachs, Director of the Earth Institute, Columbia University, says that happiness can be achieved by, “not money alone, but also by fairness, honesty, trust, and good health’.
Sometimes there’s not an awful lot we can do about ‘fairness’. We may feel that our society is not very egalitarian, politically, socially or economically. We can only change what we control.
With Spring almost here, if we just make a little bit of effort and get out doors (yes, I know it’s hard to leave a cozy sofa) our mood can drastically improve. That’s because exercise does make you much happier. Even if you just go for a walk with your baby, you will feel less stressed out, less anxious, and generally happier. And you will also be educating your child on the importance of exercise.
Here are 6 reasons why exercise makes you happy:
- Exercise releases happy chemicals into your brain……. Dopamine, a chemical that plays a role in happiness, is a neurotransmitter in the brain that’s necessary for feelings of pleasure and happiness. As we age, we’re constantly losing our stores of dopamine, which is why we need to find new experiences that release dopamine. The best way to increase your brain’s dopamine production? Exercise. So, run, lift, jump, play — and get happy. Plan that walk in the park or go off piste on an exciting hike. You don’t have to pay expensive gym fees to feel the benefit. The world is out there!
- Exercise makes you less stressed out……When you exercise, you subject yourself to a low-level form of stress by raising your heart rate and triggering a burst of hormonal changes. When you subject yourself to the stress of exercise enough, your body will eventually get better at handling the rest of life's stressors. And less stress equals a happier, healthier life.
- Exercise energizes you……...No matter how exhausted you are from a long day at work, taking care of your family or recovering from a busy weekend, do your best to muster up all the willpower you have and still work out, or at lease go for a walk. You'll feel more energized afterwards.
- It boosts your confidence……When you don't feel good about your body or how you look, it's all too easy to have low self-esteem. And that can have a negative effect on all areas of your life including your relationships, your family life, your career, and your goals and aspirations.
- Exercise fights insomnia……Staying active and exercising on a regular basis has been shown to improve sleeping problems of insomniacs and people with sleeping disorders. And not only can regular exercise significantly improve your sleep quality, it can also give you that pep that makes you want to get out of bed in the morning and do things.
Having a baby should not stop you getting off the beaten track.
More and more people want to go further with their baby and buggy. Jané has responded to this upsurge in demand by creating a pram that operates smoothly on rough ground giving parents the opportunity to go on exciting weekend country or forest walks without having to worry about baby’s safety or comfort. Town or country, urban streets or the great outdoors, the Jané Trider is designed to cope with all terrains and get you and your baby outdoors.
The Jané Trider ticks all the boxes. It’s an extremely well designed practical off-roader for those who need a travel system that adapts to rough and smooth terrains.
With Spring ‘sort of’ arriving it’s the perfect choice for those who want to embrace the great outdoors with their baby. But even if it’s just a stroll up the high street the Trider is great as the higher seat unit means that it can be used as a high chair, perfectly adapting to table tops at the coffee shop. This position is also the safest for your baby as it keeps him away from pollution or insects in long grass if you are off road.
The Trider has puncture proof all terrain wheels, rear suspension shock absorber and a one-touch parking break. It folds with one hand, has a compact fold and is ISOFIX compatible.
Aim for a happiness hit by embracing the great outdoors with baby and buggy this Spring!
Check out our Trider All-Terrain Now
Check out our special offers and clearance lines page for truly exceptional, unmatched value.
See Special Offer Now